To save you at least some of the opportunity cost of reading the whole book (which I do recommend - it's a much better read than their previous book), I've collected here links to what I think are the best bits from the book:
- Would paying politicians more attract better politicians?
- How much would Pepsi pay to get Coke's secret formula? (which, incidentally, I still use as motivation for a tutorial question in ECON110)
- Planned Parenthood gets freaky!
- Betting on peak oil
- How to cheat the Mumbai train system
- Is the Endangered Species Act bad for endangered species? John List thinks it might be.
- Going "green" to increase profits
- Don't remind criminals they are criminals
- An immodest proposal: Time for a sex tax
- Something to think about while you wait in line at KFC
- Why do animated films use such famous voices?
- Please buy gas!